Drafter for Commercial Interior
Our well-established Store Fixture wood shop has an immediate opening for the following position:
Drafter for Commercial Interior will work as part of our design team. In this role, the drafter will create clear, complete and accurately finished drawings from rough or detailed information, sketches or layout drawings for production and installation of commercial interior fixtures. This individual should be innovative, creative and work as a team player to ensure high-quality service and design for the client (internal & external).
About the company
Brunel Commercial Interiors Inc. – Our well-run, clean, efficient facility is presently utilizing 23,000 sq. ft of space and provides opportunity and growth for our innovative staff.
Brunel is a progressive company utilizing new technology and advanced techniques to design and build the latest in commercial millwork. We achieve our goals using the newest in woodworking machinery to augment the skills of our professional team of Cabinet Makers.
We strive to be the best in our business by providing solutions for our customers and supporting our staff through effective communication and training. Our teams work closely together to create custom fixtures and bring ideas together from sketch to install.
- Proficient in AutoCAD (2-3 years experience)
- Can read and understand architectural drawings and building plans
- Design of store fixtures and cabinets (an asset)
- Cabinetmaker (an asset)
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Conceive creative concepts in response to client needs, translating such ideas into visual formats using AutoCAD.
- Develop and prepare engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts.
- Comprehensive documentation package and produce drawing sets.
- Check and verify design drawings are conform to expectations and design data.
- Work collaboratively with various departments and team members.
- Undertake market research as required.
- Identify and offer solutions to complex design challenges as they present themselves.
- Develop and deliver design solution presentations that effectively communicate visual concepts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge and proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Direct work experience required.
- Excellent design and conceptual skills as evidenced in a personal portfolio.
- Ability to quickly absorb and use company-specific techniques, standards, and procedures.
- Passionate, self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated innovative and creative thinker.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated effective deadline management and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to communicate with a broad range of individuals including key members of design teams, various stakeholders and clientele.
- Ability to analyze and interpret user requirements.
- Solid design and conceptual skills.
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
If you are interested in applying, please forward a cover letter with your resume to email@example.com or fax your information to (403) 243-9785.